Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

~ Paleo Challenge! ~

We try to eat healthy as a family.  It's actually not too difficult for us because of all the allergies in our family! I have been reading up lately on the Paleo Diet.  I have to say that it makes complete and total sense to me.  Eating whole, unprocessed foods ~ the way they were created, just. makes. sense!!  So, this morning I came across a Paleo Challenge at Jenn's RAQ, and I'm jumping in!!  I'm so excited about this.

While I was pregnant with L, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 28 weeks. Thankfully, I was able to control it with diet and exercise.  However, I was honestly only able to eat meat, vegies and a minimal amount of fruit.  If I ate flour based foods, legumes, starchy potatoes, etc... my blood sugar would skyrocket and I'd have to walk an EXTRA 20 minutes to bring it back down.  When I first started eating that way, I felt horrible!  Headaches, nausea, dizzy spells ~ just YUCK!  I definitely had terrible withdrawal symptoms.  Once all of that passed, I felt amazing!  After he was born, I went right back to eating a typical diet. I gained weight and I feel tired all the time!

I'm ready to feel "amazing" again!  Today is day 1 of the challenge.  I have had 2 cups of coffee, a piece of Apple Bumpkin Breakfast Bake and a 1/4 of a banana (I ate the remainder of one sliced for one of our children's cereal).  Other than the 2 teaspoons of sugar (total) in my coffee, and the rice milk I used for creamer, I'm off to a good start :)

Here we go...

1 comment:

  1. Alright!! You are totally going to rock this challenge. :) I'm sure your body will thank you. It sounds like you're off to a great start. You might try using honey as a sweetener and coconut or almond milk for your creamer - just suggestions. :)

    ReplyDelete