Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

~ Paleo Challenge, Day's 5 & 6

Day's 5 & 6 went really good!  Something new I noticed this evening, after supper, is that I had more energy after eating.  Typically after eating supper, I would be so exhausted that I would just sit on the couch and relax/dose on and off, while the kids all did their chores.  Tonight, I picked up the family room, vacuumed, and swept the kitchen and dining room before sitting down at the computer.  Yay for me!!!

I didn't photograph all of my meals these last 2 days, only 3 of them :)  So here's how my meals went:

~ Day 5 ~
Breakfast ~  I had 2 eggs with onions fried in coconut oil.  Of course I also had my 2 cups of coffee.  I made a different homemade creamer this morning.  I used the French Vanilla recipe found here. It was very yummy.  I strained it once, but next time I'll strain it a second time or use a juicing mesh bag to strain it.  By the time I got to the end of my cup of coffee, I was drinking teeny, tiny bits of date.

Lunch ~ For lunch, I had leftovers.  Hamburger with tomato slices, cauliflower, Paleo friendly cucumber salad and water.
  Supper ~ For supper I had spaghetti.  For my noodles I used a baked spaghetti squash, the sauce was a jar of Classico Spaghetti sauce.  It's all natural, no preservatives, gluten and dairy free. I had extra spaghetti squash without the sauce.

~ Day 6 ~
Breakfast ~ For breakfast this morning I had 2 eggs with diced green and red pepper, and onions.  I also had 3 tomato slices and my 2 cups of coffee.
Lunch ~ I had Al Fresco Chicken Sausage (country style breakfast links) sliced and sauteed with red and green peppers, as well as onions.  I also had watermelon and water.

Supper ~ I had baked chicken, sauteed zucchini, yellow squash and onions, coin carrots and water.

My snacks over the last couple of days have been fruit and almonds.  I haven't really been needing to snack, or at least not as often as before (which was all the time!).

Feeling great heading into day 7!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment