Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

~ Paleo Challenge, Day 4 ~

Happy 4th of July!!  Today is also day 4 of the Paleo Challenge I'm participating in. You can jump in anytime, just visit Jenn's RAQ for all the details.

I am feeling so much better already!  I stepped on the scales this morning and I'm down 4 pounds already!!  Woo Hoo!!  I have more energy and I've noticed I'm not falling asleep mid afternoon ~ big plus with all of my sweet kiddo's and my grandson running around.  Here is what my day looked like today:

Breakfast ~ I truly meant to take a picture of my breakfast this morning, but I was out and about early.  So, I mixed everything together and M cooked it for me.  By the time I got back home, it was after 11 AM and I was too hungry to take the time to snap a photo :)  Anywhoo...  back to breakfast!  I had my usual 2 cups of coffee with homemade creamer.  I also had 3 of Jenn's Paleo Pancakes and 3 homemade turkey sausage patties.

Lunch ~ The kids had nitrate/nitrite free ham roll-ups~ either plain or with tomatoes in them.  They also had sliced cucumbers, tomato wedges, grapes and water.
I had a layered ham "sandwich".  Again, it was nitrate, nitrite and preservative free ham.  The layering went like this... ham, tomato, onions, lettuce, pickles and mustard and lastly more ham.  I also had tomato wedges, cucumbers, grapes and water.  Now, being new to the Paleo way of eating, I have no idea if pickles and mustard are "Paleo".  I didn't even think of that until AFTER I had eaten my dinner! I'll research that today
Our 4th of July supper included grilled hamburgers (my bun was 2 lettuce leaves), paleo friendly cucumber salad, watermelon and cantaloupe, roasted sweet potato and turnip cubes...

... and E made this yummy dessert following this recipe from paleomg!!


It was a great day 4!  Moving on to day 5 :)  Happy 4th of July!!




No comments:

Post a Comment