Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

~ Paleo Challenge, Days 7 & 8

~ Day 7~
Breakfast ~ For breakfast I had 2 cups of coffee with full fat coconut milk, a boiled egg and banana.
Lunch ~ For lunch I had tuna salad with mini sweet peppers, tomato slices and almonds.

Supper ~ For supper I had a Jalapeno turkey burger with sliced tomato and onions (no bun of course :), sauteed mini peppers, zucchini and yellow squash and leftover coin carrots.

~ Day 8 ~
Breakfast ~ For breakfast I had 2 cups of coffee with full fat coconut milk, boiled egg and a banana.  I also had the yolk from one of our kiddo's fried egg. 
Lunch ~ For lunch I made the kiddo's and me, turkey, bacon and tomato roll-ups, cherries, and carrots. For the roll-ups, I placed tomato slices and preservative, nitrate and nitrite free bacon on slices of preservative, nitrate and nitrite free turkey slices and rolled them up.  
Supper ~ For supper we had cilantro-lime chicken, sauteed zucchini and yellow squash, steamed broccoli and water.

I have noticed that I don't feel the need to eat "all day long" any more.  Great feeling!  I'm also noticing, that I am no longer needing as much coffee as I was drinking before.  I always had 2 cups in the morning, and 2 cups in the afternoon, with rice milk and 2 teaspoons of sugar.  At bedtime, I would absolutely be craving another cup of coffee.  I used to look forward to being able to wake up and have another cup of coffee.  I think it was the sugar rush that my body was looking for!  I now have no desire to sweeten my coffee.  I'm good with the unsweetened, full fat coconut milk.  I actually like it!  I didn't need the second cup this morning, but got a cup anyway.  But, I only drank a couple of sips :)  I also only had one cup this afternoon.

Moving on to day 9!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment