Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Awakening...

This morning I got up and after breakfast started on all of my calendars for the new year (yes, I have more than one:)).  I finally had to set them aside.  Life with a large family tends to get a little hectic sometimes.  There are times when we feel like we don't even have enough time to slowly breathe.  I am not complaining, God has been so good to us, just stating a fact.  I walked away from the table and jumped on the computer and of course came upon my own blog as I was skimming through others.  Looking at our family reminds me of how sweet they all really are.  Having those pictures to look at reminds me of how quickly time flies by, and how I need to stop and enjoy these chapters in my life.  The little things I take for granted on a busy day are huge blessings I'm letting slip by.  Little Peanuts wild hair, the twins putting a puzzle together on the stairs and don't forget the modeling American girl dolls (who by the way played UNO Attack with us last night :).  These are all things that we giggle at and then move on letting them slip away forever.  Seeing them in pictures is a reminder to embrace all those sometimes silly, sometimes serene moments for as long as possible before they slip away.  The calendars can wait, the housework can be put off for a little while longer.  Long enough to fully embrace every moment of this blessed life God has given me, because before I know it the next chapter will begin.



2 comments:

  1. Michelle your so awesome, sharing all your family with me. Thanks so much, I love you. Ma H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right, enjoy them while they are little, time goes so quickly, trust me on that. Now I am going to go cry. Ma H

    ReplyDelete