Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

~ 8/21/2009 ~

Yesterday, we were officially 36 weeks pregnant!  That means we could have a baby anywhere from 2 wks to 6 wks from now! 


Last week at my Dr. appt. he was concerned about the fluid level, the condition of the placenta, the baby's position (it was oblique) and any other negative thing he could think of!!  So, after leaving the office  I scoured the internet for ways to turn an oblique baby to head down.  The problem with an oblique positioned baby is that it can either turn head down OR transverse!  If it decided to turn transverse I would have to have a c~section!  Definitely didn't want that!!  So, I read and read and read!   I read to wear a belly belt and to get on all fours as much as possible.   So I have been wearing my belly belt faithfully and helping the girls to mop the floors by getting on my hands and knees and scrubbing.  I was also picking toys up off of the floor by crawling around on my hands and knees. 


Well, it worked!!  Baby is now definitely head down!  The ultrasound also showed that there is PLENTY of fluid still surrounding the baby!  Baby looks GREAT!  It was really a treat to see the baby on ultrasound.  I haven't seen it since my 20 week ultrasound!  Seeing it again got me all excited and ready to have it in my arms!  With time closing in on us for the delivery, I think I need to start packing my bag and washing baby clothes!  But for now I have been instructed to keep my left leg elevated (as much as possible :)  to help relieve a superficial vein issue that is causing me a great amount of discomfort.  So I will do that until the pain subsides, then pack and wash!!



No comments:

Post a Comment