Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Moms!!...

Well, getting to this post took a little longer than anticipated!  Forgot I was gonna have to reload the software for my pictures.  So now that that is done we can begin!  Back in February sister E celebrated her 9th birthday!  Can you believe it?  Me neither!  Sister E is one who REALLY likes presents.  So of course being the mom that I am I thought I would pull a funny with her present.  I took the present out of it's original box and wrote "happy birthday" on the styrofoam that came with the gift.  I put the styrofoam back in the box and wrapped it up for her (without her actual gift in it).  After blowing out the candles we gave her gift to her.  At first she chuckled, then she didn't think it was so funny and put her head down and became teary eyed.  Oops!!  It was supposed to be funny, it surely wasn't supposed to make her cry!  I guess we need to work on the being grateful part, along with mom needing to work being careful with her sense of humor!  We gave her the actual gift and she was quite pleased with it (it was something she had picked out).  Her smile returned to her face.  After all this I overheard her telling her friends about what I did and she was laughing the entire time!!  So maybe it wasn't so bad afterall!!  Here are a few pictures of our birthday celebration with sister E.  Talk to ya soon...



100_1566



100_1561



100_1563 



No comments:

Post a Comment